CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Treading Water

Well I haven't wrote on here in a while so I hardly know where to start. Alexis is getting so big and Joseph just had his 3rd birthday party. Another year full of changes has flown by.

Here lately I find myself exasperated at.... well, just everything pretty much. I feel like I have too many "irons in the fire". I've tried taking some out but it seems like I get sucked back in. I've been praying alot though and asking God what it is that HE wants me to be doing though. I know that first and foremost I have a longing and responsibility to be there for my babies.... next there's the Youth Ministry.... there's certain areas where I want to be more involved in, and other areas where I'd like to lessen my involvement in order to spend more time with Joseph. I feel like I don't hardly ever get to see my husband anymore although that's really not true. I do get to see him for usually 2-3 hours a day during the week. It's just that there's something going on every single weekday. monday nights he has school and I am overseeing the RSM dance team... yes... laugh if you must, so he's not in until after i'm asleep. Tuesday nights he has worship team practice, and isn't in till after I'm asleep. Wednesday nights are our youth services, so usually we're both there but he stays late to clean and isn't home until very late. Thursdays there's not anything planned regularly although it seems as if stuff has been popping right up to occupy this night as well. Fridays used to be free but I might begin attending a bible study group on friday nights.... Sometimes I get so overwhelmed, but here lately I've really tried to discipline myself to pray more and get into my Bible more and I can really tell a difference. No more panic attacks at least. Sometimes I just with I had a normal life where I could come home in the evenings, fix dinner for my family, and sit down and eat together then hang out. I miss the time we used to spend reading together or just laying in bed talking before we fall asleep. I'm praying about that though... I know that God is capable of anything. I really want my best friend back.

Sometimes I just feel like I'm treading water. You know... cuz when you tread water you're doing sooooo mucch work and putting out so much effort just to stay afloat. BUT I'm not letting that get me down because I have lived enough to know that it's just part of the ups and downs of life. I truly do trust God and I know that He's gonna work everything out.

Here's some recent pics of everybody....




2 comments:

Denise said...

Hey there!!! My word how the kids have grown... & I am confused... is there another one on the way??? It says "Amber and Rene's Baby... 213 days to go"... Glad to finally see a new post. Isn't Alexis adorable? I'll bet they are a handful tho... but nothing beats being a mom... Well glad to hear from you again & to hear everything is going great. Stay busy while your young, because it isn't meant for us oldies... ;) Be good & God bless...

Mrs. Picota said...

nope we don't have another bun in the oven yet. haha. i just haven't taken that ticker off yet from when i had alexis... lol. it was good to hear from you.. and yes they're a handfull.