CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Get the HATE out.

I have continued to meditate and study on 1 corinthians 13:4-7 and God has continued to speak to me more concerning these verses:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

When we are little we learn about opposites. Cold is the opposite of hot, up is the opposite of down, and so forth. I believe that most all people will agree that hate is the opposite of love. Given what all God has already spoken to me concerning these verses (in my last blog), He revealed to me that our definition of hate is ALL wrong. Most of us (especially christians) would say... "oh no... I don't hate ANYONE!" with great conviction but what if our definition of hate is wrong.

According to the Bible (which i believe front to back) love is patient and kind. If I believe that, then I must believe that hate is unkind and impatient. I believe the bible when it says that love isn't selfish or rude so I must also believe that when I treat someone rudely or I am acting selfishly that I must be acting hateful. So if I claim to love someone but I am jealous of them and rude to them..... maybe I actually HATE them, I just had my definitions all wrong.

I commission you to abandon the definitions the world has given you concerning these two opposites: hate and love. Look to the Bible for the truth and repent for treating your brothers and sisters hatefully. I am personally guilty and God convicted my heart like never before, today. I hit my knees and sobbed for God to forgive me and wring the hate out of my heart and fill me with His love and holy spirit.

I have been guilty of not treating my family, friends, and church family with love. If I can't even treat those people with love... how am I going to care enough to go out and LOVE sinners. How can I expect to go out and fullfill the great commission if I am treating my own family as if I hate them.

I HAVE TO BE FULL OF GOD'S LOVE IN ORDER TO GIVE IT OUT. I CANNOT POSSIBLY GIVE SOMETHING OUT THAT i DON'T POSSESS. With that being said... I have to get in God's presence and be filled with His love and the Holy Spirit in order to have the strength to Love by correct definitions.

I am reallly looking for feedback on these and if you have any comments or questions of any kind feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

Scott and Sarah Nichols said...

Hey girl,
It looks like God is really working in your life right now and that's so awesome to see. I hope your move went alright and you all are doing well! Hope you have a great summer!
P.S. I tagged you in my blog :)

sbeudy said...

Just wanted you to know that I gave you a beautiful blogger award. Come over to my blog to get it and participate.